Monday 13 February 2012

Rugby and being passionate in my bedroom

Despite placing myself under house arrest on Sunday due to a severe dose of ChavvyBritAbroaditis, Quite a few amusing things have happened here, my favourite follows...

The electricity was off for most of Sunday so I spent a lot of it praying to the rugby Gods for it to come back on for the game against Scotland.
God was obviously listening and with His mighty power, flicked the switch back on about a minute into the game and made me very happy.
(If ever there was any unequivocal evidence that God is Welsh and chose Leigh Halfpenny to be his right hand man, surely this is it! )

Thanks to one of my lovely colleagues (take a bow Andrew Johnson) who installed some sort of app on my iPad, I could listen to it quietly in my own room and not disturbing my housemates.
So imagine my surprise, if you will, when I walked out and had the following conversation with one of them.

Me : I'm very happy because Wales just won the rugby.
Him : Oh good, I am happy for you. How do you know?
Me : I listened to it on the internet in my room.
Him : Ahh, I see. I wondered why you were being passionate in your room.

Ooo er!

In other news :

* I bloody hate these giant cheeping, chirping, sodding, bloody crickets. What have they got to be so happy about at 5.30am? Shurrup mun!
And you, whatever animal that thinks its clever to go woo, woo, woo, woo, woo, woo, woo (always seven) right outside my window, you can shurrup an' all!

* Actually, it can be very difficult to tell avocados from mangos in this place, ok Facebook 'friends'?!
I'll do an online Name That Fruit photo competition soon, then you'll realise how easy a mistake it was to make!

* Looks like my prickly heat is about to kick off. Great. Now I can add red, spotty and blotchy to my increasing list of attractive qualities.
(Other recent additions include sweaty, sticky, shiny and covered with a light but constant sprinkling of orange sub Saharan dust) . Niiice.

* One of my housemates has bought some of that minging fruit and put it in the fridge. Result - buzzing fridge that honks of feet. ***Dani makes vom noise***

High light of the day : Rebecca trying to sort my Connect 2 issues out on my behalf

Low light of the day : waiting in after work for a call about my Connect 2 issues. Still waiting. Thanks for trying Bec!

Nos da ffrindiau.

Oh, and Mam - stop Skype and face timing me! I told you it didn't work in Africa! X

No comments:

Post a Comment