Saturday 12 May 2012

Megan is a big sister!

Well, I've missed out on another big occasion back home. My friend Cath has gone and had a baby and made Megan Elizabeth Carey a very special big sister to Pippa Rose Carey.

For those of you who don't know Meg, she's a beautiful and very stylish eight year old who lives with her mum, Cath, and dad, Rob, in North Cornelly.

So Meg, being a big sister myself, I thought I'd pass on some words of wisdom and advice on how to survive and make the most of the experience.

Meg,

Even though Pippa is a super cute baby (you were totally gorgeous too - she's so lucky she takes after you!), I bet she'll be really, REALLY boring to start with - all she'll do is drink milk, sleep, cry and do really stinky poos!
(Have you changed a nappy yet? Was it really gross?! You'll have to show me how to do it when I get home. Then again, maybe we should leave that job to Auntie Manda)

You'll be able to do much cooler stuff that Pippa definitely won't be able to do for ages, like learning dance moves to all the latest cool songs, going to the cinema, swimming and horse riding, going shopping then having coffee and cake with Mum, me, Auntie Manda and the other girls, and there's no way in the world she'll will be able to give Mum the fashion advice you give her!

Other cool stuff about being a big sister include :

* You get to go to bed later
* You can watch better stuff on tv
* You get to do stuff first, like staying over friends houses, going away for weekends without the Old Folks
* You can tell their friends really embarassing stories about them when they grow up and start to annoy you
* You will be able to tell Pippa all about the latest fashion trends and make her look really cool. Or, if she starts to get on your nerves a bit, you can tell her what to wear and make her look a little bit silly!
* Because you have a bedroom on the top floor, you can tell her monsters live up there so she doesn't mess with your stuff! (I did this with my brothers for years and it worked a treat)

Make the most of being the bigger and cooler sister - and make sure you use the tickle hand of doom that someone (not me) taught you before I left.

I bet you'll be an amazing Big Sister. Can't wait to see you and meet Pippa in June. You both owe me loads and loads of massive sloppy, slobbery kisses and cwtches!!

Lots n lotsa love.

Xxx

(Ps. Congrats Cath and Rob on becoming parents to yet another gorgeous baby girl. The photo of her made me cry my eyes out in Zambia!)

No comments:

Post a Comment